At UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, we demonstrate our commitment to women’s health and well-being by offering gynecologic care for women at all stages of life. Our providers are specially trained in dealing with the health of the female reproductive system and are able to provide care that extends from treatment of infections to birth control management. Both surgical and non-surgical procedures are available to treat an array of female health concerns, including pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, sexual problems, painful or irregular menstrual cycles, hormonal imbalance, infertility, endometriosis and infections of the reproductive organs.
Services and procedures available at UNM SRMC’s Gynecology Clinic include:
- Routine gynecological exams and preventive screenings
- Pap smears for cervical cancer screening
- Evaluation and management of abnormal pap smears
- Birth Control counseling and management
- We offer all forms of contraception, including the long-term intrauterine device (IUD), birth control pills, the birth control patch, the birth control vaginal ring, the birth control implant, the birth control shot and the cervical cap. Tubal ligation and the Essure procedure are also offered as permanent birth control (sterilization)options
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) testing and treatment
- Hysterectomy – including minimally-invasive techniques
- Endometrial Ablation
- Cervical and Endometrial Biopsy procedures
- Hormone therapy
- Treatment for Menopause
Making an Appointment
Please call 505.994.7397 to schedule an appointment with one of our providers. The Gynecology Clinic at SRMC offers appointments Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For your appointment: Please remember to bring any relevant medical records and a current list of all medications. If you are a new patient, you can download and fill out the New Patient History Form before your first appointment.
For more information about women’s health, please visit the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists website.