Pulmonology is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases involving the respiratory tract. A pulmonary medicine specialist provides comprehensive services for a wide variety of lung diseases and respiratory issues such as asthma, COPD (including emphysema and chronic bronchitis), shortness of breath, pneumonia, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, occupational lung diseases, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis, various infectious lung diseases and post-lung transplant follow-up care.
In order to keep your respiratory tract healthy and functioning at its full potential, UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center offers the following services and procedures:
- Testing for asthma and COPD
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) – A group of tests that measure lung functioning, including how well the lungs take in and release air and how well gases (e.g. oxygen) are moved from the atmosphere into the body's circulation
- Pulmonary Stress Testing – Monitors lung functioning during exercise
- Pulmonary Diagnostic Lab – Laboratory investigation of arterial blood gas (ABG)
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Asthma medication and treatment planning
- Smoking cessation consults
Making an Appointment
Our Pulmonology Clinic offers appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) appointments are available on Monday through Friday. Please call 505.994.7397 to make a clinic or PFT appointment.
For your appointment: Please remember to bring relevant medical records, copies of recent medical imaging related to your visit, and a current list of all medications.